WE ARE HIRING
Position Title: ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
10 hours per week from September-June with partial paid work over the summer, this position during the pandemic can be mostly remote. (must have a computer with MS Word and Excel as well as access to the internet for remote work)
Start Date: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Mount Seymour Preschool is a well-respected preschool in North Vancouver. We are a Registered Non-Profit Society with a parent run Board of Directors. We follow the Reggio Emergent philosophy. The aim of our preschool is to provide an environment where children feel free to experiment with the world, co-creating curriculum as we learn through play while considering the outdoors as an extension to our classroom. We work to build community among families in our preschool where all feel welcome to connect, collaborate and share in our life-long learning.
HOW YOU FIT IN
We are seeking a part time administrator who is passionate about ensuring a high-quality, safe, and efficient experience for our families and educators. This role involves managing non-academic aspects of the day-to-day school operations.
In selecting the right candidate, of critical importance is the ability to work collaboratively in partnership with our Lead Educator who is responsible for functions related to the development of our students and the school curriculum. Joint decision making and close communication will help us foster a great working and learning environment.
The position is well-suited for the right candidate who is seeking a flexible working arrangement (many activities can be performed remotely outside normal school operating hours, with some onsite work required as needed). The successful candidate must have superior communication and computer skills in Word, Excel, Google Docs and Gmail, knowledge of front end website software would be an asset and the ability to navigate government websites/portals in order to ensure compliance with relevant guidelines, requirements and to take advantage of available supports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATOR, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
● Managing all administrative type communications i.e. phone calls/messages and emails;
● Receiving and Organising student registration (throughout the year);
● Preparing and Updating class list and email groups;
● Preparing yearly calendar for preschool and educators based on NVSD calendar;
● Aiding Lead Educator with preschool policies and procedures;
● Liaising with Lead Educator and Board of Directors regarding budgeting, programming, staffing, etc.;
● Presenting Coordinators report at the Annual General Meeting and two other Board of Director meetings (currently done through Zoom);
● Liaising with administration at Mount Seymour United Church and vendors;
● Maintaining inventory for preschool supplies;
● Assisting our accountant on payroll and banking matters;
● Coordinating Affordable Child Care Benefit forms;
● Preparing and filing grant applications with the Lead Educator;
● Liaising with our financial institution i.e. Updating Board of Directors list and cheque signing authority;
● Preparing and filing monthly CCOF (Child Care Operating Funding) submissions, Wage Enhancement submissions and North Shore Supported Development Time Sheets and Invoices;
● Preparing job postings as needed;
● Assisting Lead Educator on employee interviews;
● Maintaining staff information;
● Preparing and submitting Criminal Record Clearance requests for new employees/substitutes;
● Preparing contracts for new employees as per Lead Educator and Board of Director.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
The most competitive candidates will have
● Minimum 2 years administrative background;
● Experience in a child care setting is an asset;
● ECE license is not necessary but is an asset;
● Clean Criminal Record Clearance;
● Excellent communication and computer skills;
● Superior organizational skills;
● The ability to work well on your own;
● Superior level of professionalism.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume outlining your experience and education to:
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been hired. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.